I have been looking into vacuum cleaners to find a good choice to use in Singapore. After searching the world for good reviews, I have come to the following conclusions.
1) Use a vacuum cleaner with bags if you can. There is less dust coming out through the exhaust of the vacuum cleaner, than it is on a bagless one. You can easily stock up on a few bags at purchase so you are good to go.
2) Avoid robotic vacuum cleaners. They do look like a cool gadget, but they just don't clean that well. And that is really what it is all about.
3) Go for a quiet vacuum cleaner. It is really a hazzle to have a loud noisy thing, that will not allow you to watch TV, listen to music, or talk while somebody is vacuuming.
4) Go for a good quality brand and product. Buying something too cheap, from Korea or China, will just get you angry and you will regret it later.
5) Look for a decent filtration. It is called HEPA filter. It should have at at least a HEPA 12 filter - to ensure that you really doesnt just blow dust around with your vacuum cleaner.
With those things in mind, after looking through reviews (see here, e.g.,) I finally decided for the Electrolux Ultra Silencer. It is the world's most quiet vacuum, and has received great reviews.
You can see a video of the vacuum cleaner beeing used, in Singapore, below.
This would be one of the recommended vacuum cleaners, after looking at the reviews.
PS. Have you seen this blogpost about a nicely designed Stick, from Treasure Memories?